Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oprah's Closet Clean Out

O Magazine is all about De-Cluttering Your Life!! this month. Since you all know that I love O Magazine and the show Hoarders on A&E the combination has made me make a mad dash for the Goodwill Drive-Through and unload a ton of things from my closet on Ebay so that someone else can hoard it. First, let me say in all honesty, I have broken all of the Oprah Rules Thus far:

1) Don't build a wardrobe built on fantasy.
But what if I meet Don Draper, and his secretary just quit, and I'm wearing one of my 10 sexy secretary outfits and well, one typing thing leads to another and we go out for a drink and a ciggie and..........get it?



2)Don't Buy Your Favorites Over and Over.
Three words: Brown .Tweed .Blazers. Looooovee Them. No Idea Why.....Maybe if I'm wearing one and I'm in Harvard Square and they need a professor lets say to teach......Making Dog Treats 101....and there I am all professor-ed up.....(See rule #1)




3)Don't Shop For the Beautiful but Impractical.
Jessica Simpson Brown Suede Pointy Toe 5 inch heals. I wore them and screamed. Not in ecstasy but in severe pain! It sounded much like her singing. I looked sooooo hot! Because I was sweating over the excruciating level of torture. It was right up there with childbirth....but you know, with my feet....did that make sense? It's 5am so I'm not so sure.

This is just step one in my Oprah-ized blog post. I think I will do a series. Do come back for more.

3 comments:

  1. Lol you crack me up! I too have tons of stuff in my closet that i'm holding onto for that one day where I'll have the occasion to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold them on Ebay, I can hear the screaming from here!

    ReplyDelete