Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

My design crush...

Ok as you know by now I have a deisgn crush on Eddie Ross. I wouldn't say I'm a stalker, but I do follow him around the web a little bit. I don't think his boyfriend Jaithin has anything to worry about, our relationship is DESIGN based. So I was reading a post here: http://purestylehome.blogspot.com/2010/01/eddie-ross-before-after-guest-blog.html

about a little copper tray that he picked up his fabulous outing at a New York Flea Market, in his cute puffer jacket and burberry scarf. It looked like this:


Well as serendipity would have it, I was perusing my favorite botique, in my lucky jeans and down parka and what did I happen upon? hmmmmmm........

This is the AFTER picture! I had to scrub that thing for-ev-er. Of course once again I did take a BEFORE picture withouth the card in the camera!! Canon will you please have an alarm go off if someone is taking pictures with no card in the camera! So here is Eddie's in all of its Rat Pack Glory!

Here's mine:

We're having family friendly martinis! Just use Sparkling Cider with Pom pomegranite juice! Delicious, good for you, the kids can have some, and it is a beautiful red color for valentines day!
Here is another way, for a fancy treat:

Cookies and milk anyone?
I'm telling you the best chocolate milk ever is shaken in a stainless steel martini shaker with ice. Try it!
Eddie would be so proud!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference with the tray! Good find Dee. I am glad I found your blog...I really like seeing what you come up with.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cookies and milk set up! so cute! my kids would absolutely adore that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to try that chocolate milk thing at our house this weekend. Lots of martini shakers around here. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog and it's great! Question about the trays that you and Eddie found, they look brass when they are dirty but why is it they look more silver when cleaned.And did you use brillo pads also? Seems it would scratch it up. I just love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for your TRAY find!!! Yiiiippppeeee!! Thank you for sharing the family friendly martinis recipe! The milk and cookies display is TO DIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off to see your etsy shop...and DH thinks the internet is a waste of time. ;)

    I followed you here from Met Monday - been a busy week! lol I hope you'll swing by AtticMag and tour my home; Alabama Stone Cottage Tour.

    http://www.atticmag.com/2010/02/alabama-stone-cottage-house-tour/

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tray and the chocolate milk idea !

    ReplyDelete