Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips...Yumm

 
I was having the ladies over for Mahjong the other day, so I planned a lovely girly lunch for all of us to enjoy. And then I ate some tempura shrimp and the next 24 hours were a blur of bed-spins.
 I tried to take a shower and even the water smelled funny. 
What does this have to do with fruit salsa?   Everything, don't rush me. 
 
 I didn't have a chance to make the fancy salsa for Mahjong, so I made it for myself when I was feeling better. 
 
 There really is no recipe, just cut up some fruit, squeeze some lemon or lime, add about 1 tablespoon of apricot preserves, and you have a delish snack. Ok now grab some whole wheat pita chips, and cut them into wedges.
Use your little Misto gadget and spray the pita chips with olive oil...don't panic it's delicious.    Now comes the cinnamon sugar.  Yummm.
Bake at 450 for about 8 minutes and then check it.  I like my chips dark and crunchy! I found this great dish at the GDub. I love it!! It came with a glass dome like a cake plate. If you are a thrifter, do you ever wonder what will be the item that will qualify you as a hoader? Meeee toooo! There you go an adorable little dish with a yummy fruit salsa treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment