Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Little Under the Weather

Maybe if you be-dazzle your inhaler, then it takes away the attention from the look of terror on your face during a coughing fit!

I have this nasty chest cold at the moment....it all started Tuesday when we were taping the Goodwill piece. I was all hot and sweaty and had a wicked headache, I thought that it was just nerves or something but then the coughing jags started. Now if I had not given birth to two giant children then this would not be a problem. But I did and it is. I stopped by the pharmacy for an inhaler and then to the grocery store for lemons...I should have skipped the grocery store. I had to stop and cough my lungs out, using super mind and body control just to keep everything "together" so to speak. It was quite the stop and go trip down the ailes. On to the inhaler....my son uses one off and on so I didn't think much about it..... Not 12 seconds after inhaling the medicine I felt like my brain was racing a million miles an hour. So you feel like &^%$, but the good news is that you can't focus on it because your thoughts are all Charlie Sheen-ish. That can't be good for kids....I think I would rather cough, work on the kegals and call it over! The good news is that Charlie Sheen made perfect sense for the rest of the day!

3 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! My cold and sniffles have lasted the last 6 weeks and now I feel the cough coming back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ha ha ha!!! I can sooo empathise with the coughing thing. Sneezing and/or coughing in public are my worst fear! They are making pretty snazzy incontinance products now though:) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried an inhaler once, about 5 or 10 years ago. It seemed like I was breathing in industrial chemicals from a refridgerator or something. I don't think I used it again. If you have a cough, don't take any drying agents. My husband used to get the worst coughs. He'd be up all night hacking. Then I found out that every time he had a cold, he'd be sneaking contac capsules. Breathe steam as much as you can. Drink as much liquid as you can. Denver is very dry. Ann, R.Ph.

    ReplyDelete